Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First Offical Day of Training!!!

According to the 24-week training calendar, today is the first official training day! It happened to also fall on my regularly scheduled personal training day and I mentioned the calendar to Audrie (my awesome trainer). This of course led her to take me outside to walk around the lake - while carrying a 4 pound ball! I had already done about 1.25-1.5 miles on the treadmill; Audrie and I did 2 full and 1 of the "shortcut" laps around the lake (for those of you familiar with this area - the lake at Rio.) Assuming that I marked it all correctly on Google Maps, the full loop is .78 miles and the "shortcut" loops is .73 miles.

The bottoms of my feet are a little sore, but I'm sure that will improve. I need to get some more of the awesome walking socks that Wrightsock makes. They are amazing! That and I need to figure out the weird thing that my second to last toe is doing. It kinda sits under my middle toe and gets kinda pinched - I am pretty sure that was where I ended up with a blister the last time I did this event, so I'd like to avoid repeating that.

Total mileage today: ~3.5 miles

1 comment:

Courtney Sperlazza, MPH said...

I remember that blister...yeeeuuukk. Just kidding!

Have you been fitted for shoes recently? Craig's stepdad went to ER&W, remember that place? They fitted him for Brooks shoes; Brooks specializes in shoes for people shaped like real people, rather than people shaped like elite runners. If they have wides, I might look into them. Or, I'll just take whichever brand they fit me for!