Sunday, August 10, 2008

8 miles - on the road

While I am still waiting for my new shoes to arrive, I am still working with last year's Mizunos. I can't speak highly enough of these running shoes - especially if you have wide feet. Elite Runners & Walkers in Pittsburgh originally fit me in Mizunos in 2001, when I went to Metro Run & Walk in Rockville last year for new running shoes, it was Mizunos again. Well, like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I went back to MR&W for new ones this year. Unfortunately, I wear a 9.5 wide, so they had to order them for me.

Last night I put together all the envelopes/letters to stick on the doors of all the condos in my complex. I will probably be sending out emails and letters to everyone else I know today or tomorrow. To those who have already sponsored me, THANK YOU! I really do hope that I can meet my $5000 goal this year. To those who haven't yet, but want to, please visit my site.

I decided to take my training out of the gym and into the real world since the weather was so nice this weekend. I got up around 7:45a this morning, and was finally ready to leave the house at around 8:15a. My plan was to walk to Falls Grove, have breakfast at Panera, and then walk home. Measured in my car, it's about 4 miles each way. What I didn't note when I was measuring the distance were the number of hills there were in those four miles!

As hard as it was my first time out on the roads, I DID IT! :) My feet are pretty sore, but they are currently soaking in Epsom Salt water, and I have my awesome Tevas close by, which after a long walk, feel like walking on pillows. It got a little warmer outside than I was expecting - or at least the sun was stronger than I was expecting. I think I need to go out earlier in the morning next time.

I hope everyone is enjoying watching the Olympics - it is working as a pretty good motivator for me. Until next time...

~T

No comments: